Friends of the Poor Walk
Each year, the St. Vincent de Paul Society of St. Mary’s Church walks to bring awareness to the Franklin Community of the struggles some residents experience that impact their daily lives. For thirty years, SVdP has been helping people in need in regardless of race, religious beliefs or ethnic background. The SVdP members work closely with many charitable and government organizations in Franklin.
The SVdP members are all volunteers. Members assist people in a number of ways to help them retain their dignity and to help them to become self-sustaining. Some ways in which the SVdP society assists those in need include:
- Guide them to other resources, both state and charitable
- Provide clothing and furniture through our SVDP Thrift Stores
- Supply non-perishable food and paper products from our pantry to supplement other food resources
- Assist financially during an unexpected crisis helping to pay rent, medical, car repairs etc.
- Send a check to: SVDP 1 Church Square Franklin, MA 02038 Or
- Online to the SVDP team at:
Last year we helped Franklin Families 345 times for $59,319.00
This year walk participants will follow a route around the Franklin Town Common. Participants may walk between one and three miles. One time around the common is a third of a mile.
If you would like to support our mission of helping residents of Franklin in need, you may make a financial donation in one of two ways.
If you have any questions, please call SVDP 508-918-2291. All donations stay in Franklin and all information is kept confidential.
Saint Vincent de Paul Society
Franklin, MA 02038