Fire Dept Quickly Quells Father's Day Fire at Box Seats


Just after noon, according to New England Fire News, a first alarm was sounded for 391 East Central Street, the strip mall adjacent to the Franklin Municipal building, with smoke reportedly visible coming from the second floor. 

What responders apparently found was an involved area at the rear of the building, in a section housing Box Seats restaurant. The area was adjacent to a cook stove ventilator and contained electrical equipment.  Firefighters removed siding, sheathing and insulation to quickly address the challenge.

The restaurant and neighboring nail salon were both evacuated and crews from both Eversource and National Grid were on the scene.

The chief declined to speculate on the source or origin of the smoke.

It was the second time in a matter of days that fast action proved critical.

On Thursday, New England Fire News reported a two-story wood frame dwelling at 427 Oakland Parkway ablaze but that situation was also brought quickly under control.

I'm interested
I disagree with this
This is unverified